189 € - 7 nights full board for 1 person
Surf Camp Funchal in Madeira is minimalist, modern and cool - a charming hostel without being one. Offering en-suite rooms as well as shared rooms, it is an oasis of greenery and tranquillity in the city centre. It is a place for sharing, for artists to converge and for creation.
Featuring a private bathroom with shower and hairdryer, the hostel's rooms also have free Wi-Fi, while some rooms offer a view of the city. Places of interest near the Surf Camp in Funchal include Funchal Cathedral, Mar Avenue and Fort Sao Tiago.
"I really enjoyed my stay in the hotel. Given the context I didn't meet anyone from the staff but we exchanged via whattsap. Quick answers. Very clean room and hostel. Very good location. I chose a double room with private bathroom. I had a TV and a fridge in the room. Like a hotel room in the end. My room was on the street side. A bit busy but one way so limits the passage personally I was not bothered. I really enjoyed my stay and if the opportunity arises I would gladly return!"
Bar and Restaurant
Surfcamp Funchal has a shared kitchen with everything you need to prepare your meals.
We do not offer breakfast. But we can tell you the best places to eat:
- The Ritz offers Portuguese food and is a 5 minute walk from the hostel in Funchal
- Restaurante London can be found after a 5 minute walk
FUGACIDADE: This very central bar is always busy with locals and travellers looking for a beer. You will find Madeira's most comprehensive list of craft beers, both bottled and draught. Ask for the list of snacks, you will find unusual products that you will love. Ask the bartender to recommend a first drink and you'll surely find more. If you want to be an insider, ask for the beans with the beer. You'll feel like you've been a regular for years.
BARREIRINHA BAR CAFÉ: This is a classic in all the modern guidebooks of Funchal, for a lot of good reasons. This place is right above the sea and makes you feel like it's summer all year round. Come for the sunshine and cool crowd and indulge in some of the city's best burgers, fresh cocktails and live music.
ROOFTOP THREE HOUSE: In this adult shack, you'll find all the joys of city life: great design, signature cocktails, craft beers, crazy brunches, specialty coffee shops, fine dining, unique events and a hip crowd. All in an iconic building with one of the best views of the city.
- Artist Residencies
- We are very proud to have opened our doors to the Madeiran artist community since our opening in 2020! Since our opening, we have welcomed artists looking for a place to rest and create. If you are an artist and want to find a place to work on your next masterpiece, or if you are in Madeira looking for inspiration, we want to meet you. Talk to us!
- A~MAR MADEIRA
- At our neighbour's house you will find delicious and precious objects handpicked by Margarida during her travels (you probably met her at the registration). These objects come from all over the world and some have been made by local artists. There are handmade jewellery, decorative items and handmade cosmetics. She also sells Jaca products. We can't think of a better place to buy a little souvenir to remind you of your trip to Madeira.
Portugal, Porto da Cruz
Surfcamp Funchal is located in Funchal, Madeira Island, 800 metres from Almirante Reis Beach and less than 1 km from the marina. It is approximately 13 km from Cape Girao, 39 km from the traditional houses of Santana and 49 km from the natural pools of Porto Moniz. You are 1.4 km from Madeira Casino and 3.4 km from Madeira Botanical Garden. You will be close to Funchal Cathedral, Avenida Mar and Sao Tiago Fort. Madeira's Cristiano Ronaldo International Airport is the nearest airport and is 19 km away.
- Madeira's Cristiano Ronaldo International Airport is the nearest airport and is 19 km away with a drive time of approximately 20 minutes.
- Madeira Airport Transfers offers taxis to/from the airport, which can be booked online.
- With the SAM Madeira Bus Aerobus you can travel from Madeira Airport to the centre of Funchal. This bus service operates seven days a week, except on 25th December.
- Taking a taxi from Madeira Airport is the fastest and most convenient way to get to Funchal city centre
Package et Prices
Included in our packages:
- Facilities and services offered: kitchen, separate dining rooms, hob and toaster
- A shuttle to and from the airport is available for an additional fee (available on request).
- Breakfast at the hotel
Joaquina and Tomé, Camp Managers!
7 nights: 189 €
7 nights: 945 €
7 nights: 294 €
7 nights: 385 €
7 nights: 420 €
Double room - Attic
7 nights: 455 €
Do you dream of riding off into the sunset? Our friends at Happy Hour can help you make that dream come true.
Praia do Arsenal is the best place to dive into the ocean, but also to get an idea of Madeira's ocean culture,
Renting a bike is a great way to see Funchal and get some exercise